Some product updates, yada yada yada, this is embarrassing.
- HelpSpot Help Desk Software 4
- Release Notes Conference
- Peers Conf
- Bacon Biz Conf
- The IOU of iOS
- The Shape of the App Store
- Soderbergh 2001 cut
- Us talking about Gone Home
Download this episode, in which Ian and Andrey discuss names, getting punished for good deeds, fast-food burgers, Authorize.NET, HelpSpot mobile apps, making money from mobile games in the app store, a decade of running HelpSpot and Antair, life checkboxes, HelpSpot 4, and making games.
- DNSimple blog – Switching from Authorize.NET to Stripe.
- YTD Revenue for ‘A Dark Room’ iOS.
- Pomplamoose 2014 Tour Profits
- Jeff Vogel – “The Indie Bubble is Popping”
- Indie Game the Movie
Download this episode where we discuss Ian’s health update, how Scribbbleton handles synchronization, moving, coworking and working from home, real estate business, discussing revenues, vote for us on iTunes!
- Convergence Insufficiency – headaches? reading trouble? kids with learning problems? – read this.
- Dead Man’s Switch
- Eric Sink’s Solitaire
- Indy Hall – Philly coworking
- Andrey’s post on revenue curve
- Houdini – You need this if you use a Mac
- Vote for us!!!
Download this episode, in which we’re joined by special guest, Matt Stauffer, to talk about bootstrapping a SaaS while running a consultancy full-time, happiness, Laravel, structuring your day, hiring developers, work & family, gritty TV shows, and Star Trek!
- Matt Stauffer – Twitter, Website
- Tighten Co – Matt’s consulting company
- Karani – Matt’s SaaS application.
- Eric Barnes’ Laravel News Artisan Files – interview with Matt.
- Matt’s series on Laravel 5
- The Long, Slow, SaaS Ramp of Death
- An evening with the Star Trek TNG cast (video clips)
Download this episode. This week we fail to discuss that it’s our 50th episode, family impact on development, Andrey might be hiring a helper so contact him, crazy contract work, Servers for Hackers, UTF–8, Bootstrapped app we don’t have time for, Markdown, Moto X review, a plumber will run UserScape for a day.
Download this episode, in which Ian and Andrey talk about antisocial haircuts, Joan Rivers, consulting, Scribbleton on Lifehacker, relaxing, doing a product from start to finish on the show, a Userscape update, Postgres, Nightstand, the Oculus Rift, Minecraft, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Wing Commander, Steam.
We chat with special guest Gabriel Weinberg of DuckDuckGo. We cover the full gamut from bootstrapping, VC, competing against Google, Perl, privacy, advertising, remote work, finding customers, biz dev and Gabriel’s new book Traction.
Download this episode, in which Ian and Andrey discuss anchor celebrities, parenting, Larajobs, fake snow, product hunt, donationware, Uberdeck, consulting retainers, the costs of opening up an office.
- Dave Hicking
- Bootstrapping a job board to $5,000 in revenue
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio?
- Setting up an office for a software company
This episode is sponsored by Linode
This week we have special guest Jeffrey Way. We talk about how he’s bootstrapped Laracasts, how he got started in Laravel, the philosophy behind Laracasts, pricing, hiring, building a personal brand, supporting open source, how to make a great screencast, working for The Man.
Thanks to this weeks sponsor: Linode
Download this episode, in which Ian and Andrey discuss taking a vacation while bootstrapping, the craziness of Hacker News, LaraJobs, Scribbleton, installing desktop software, mods, git, pity purchases, Linux desktop apps, Walmart, the new square BlackBerry, Commodore 64, consulting work, how much it costs to build an app, shutting down a SaaS that isn’t performing, who handles support, bad web hosting, Martha’s Vineyard, American Presidents, Ian posting Scribbleton on Hacker News and causing trouble.
This episode is sponsored by FusionInvoice — 20% 0ff for our listeners.
This episode is also sponsored by Linode .