#112: Three ways to use podcasts for marketing. Featuring Craig Hewitt, founder of Castos
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Craig and I discuss how bootstrappers can use the podcasting ecosystem to promote their products.
We discuss three ways to use podcasts – and the pros and cons of each:
- Start and run your own podcast
- Do the “podcast circuit” as an interesting guest with riveting insights
- Sponsor podcasts
We ‘go meta’ and talk about why Steve has launched the new iteration of the Bootstrapped podcast.
We also talk about:
- “credit card required upfront” trials versus “no credit card required” trials.
- the life-cycle email sequences using activity-based triggers that we’ve recently added to Feature Upvote.
- the danger of applying data-based marketing approaches to products when your product doesn’t have enough data
- why Steve doesn’t do A/B testing – yet