Bootstrapped, Episode 2, “Lollipop Sticks”
Download this episode, in which Ian and Andrey talk about software version numbers, SaaS apps, hiring, modern web application development, server hosting, what to do with old servers, monitors and hard drives, doing what it takes to fund your business, Andrey’s psychological state, physical world products vs software.
- Eric Barnes – Laracon 2013 talk
- Laravel – The awesome PHP framework
- BackBone – JS front end framework
- LESS – The only way to write CSS
- EngineHosting – Sweet VPS based hosting solution
- Linode – Linux VPS provider
- Hard drive station – Find a use for those old hard drives
- Are You Serious About Starting a Business – Ian’s blog post on selling his car to fund UserScape
- Creating a Business Logo – Ian’s blog post on creating the UserScape and HelpSpot logo’s
- Impostor Syndrome – A psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments
- Antair Spam Filter – Andrey’s spam filter product
- Interview with Jason Cohen – talks about tons of useful things including cancellations we reference in the podcast
- QLab – Live show controls for OSX
- FogBugz – Bug tracking
- The Business of Software Forums – Joel Spolsky forum site where a lot of us got our start
- Lollipop Sticks – Andrey on physical products
- Swamp Loggers
- Snappy – Ian’s latest product.
- Uberdeck – the product Andrey is currently working on.