Info for guests
Going to be a guest on the Bootstrapped podcast? Here’s what you need to know:
- We’ll use SquadCast to conduct the interview. SquadCast is kind of like Zoom, but it runs in your browser and is optimised for good podcast audio.
- I’ll send you a SquadCast invite link shortly before the interview.
- If possible, find a quiet space away from background noise.
- Use headphones.
- If you have an external microphone or headset, please use it. But if not, your computer’s built-in microphone will be okay.
- Before our call, make sure you’ve muted or turned off Skype, Slack, your phone, and anything else that makes noisy notifications.
The format of our SquadCast call:
- Expect our call to last about 45 minutes.
- We’ll chat for a few minutes first without recording. This is a chance to check everything is working.
- Once we start recording, we’ll aim for roughly 35 minutes of recording.
- All episodes get edited to remove mistakes and things you wish unsaid.
- The published version is typically about 30 minutes long.
Any questions or concerns? Write to me!