Info for guests
Going to be a guest on the Bootstrapped podcast? Here’s what you need to know:
The technical stuff:
- We’ll use Remotely to conduct the interview. Remotely is kind of like Zoom, but it runs in your browser and is optimised for good podcast audio. You don’t need to download or install anything to use it.
- I’ll send you a Remotely invite link shortly before the interview.
- If possible, find a quiet space away from background noise.
- Use headphones.
- If you have an external microphone or headset, please use it. But if not, your computer’s built-in microphone will be okay.
- Before our call, make sure you’ve muted or turned off Skype, Slack, your phone, and anything else that makes noisy notifications.
The format of our SquadCast call:
- Expect our call to last about 45 minutes.
- We’ll chat for a few minutes first without recording. This is a chance to check everything is working.
- Once we start recording, we’ll aim for roughly 35 minutes of recording.
- All episodes get edited to remove mistakes and things you wish unsaid.
- The published version, including an intro I record separately, is typically about 30 minutes long.
The content of our call:
- This depends a lot on what you do, and what you want to discuss.
- We might do a bit of email back-and-fro to find the right discussion topics.
- I’ll send you a list of potential questions a few days before the call.
- Be prepared to start the call with a short, snazzy description of who you are and what you do. 2 or 3 sentences, about 30 seconds long. It is fine (and even recommended) to have this written down in front of you, and simply read it out.
Any questions or concerns? Write to me!